At least 11 injured as cooking gas cylinder explodes in CapitalA team of police and firefighters have doused the fire that started following the explosion.
At least 11 people have been injured following a cooking gas cylinder explosion in Shorhakhutte, Kathmandu on Thursday.
Senior Superintendent of Police and spokesperson at the Metropolitan Police Office Sushil Kumar Yadav informed that the incident took place at one Nir Kumari Chhetri’s house in Falful Chowk.
"The injured are undergoing treatment at Manmohan, People's Hospital and TU Teaching Hospital," said Yadav.
The explosion triggered a fire which was doused by a team of police and firefighters.
Dr Mahendra Paudel of Nayabazar-based People’s Hospital said three of the injured have been admitted to the hospital. “Their situation is normal but the other three who sustained severe injuries have been admitted to the Thamel-based Manmohan Memorial Hospital,” said Paudel.
The remaining five have been referred to the Maharajgunj-based Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, according to police.
The explosion caused significant damage to the house while the neighbouring houses have also sustained damages.