The Kathmandu Post is hiring editorial interns in Kathmandu, Pokhara, Biratnagar and Butwal/Bhairahawa for the fall.
We’re looking for undergraduate students who are passionate about news, pop culture, hospitality, sports and photography. Interns will be asked to write and report, both for the paper and online from the cities on a wide range of topics.
This is a paid internship, and the selected candidates will report directly to the editors in Kathmandu.
Please send a one-page resume and email to email@example.com with the subject line “TKP Fall Internship” by August 30.
JOB POSTING: COPY EDITOR
The Kathmandu Post is looking for a copy editor to join its team in Kathmandu. We’re looking for someone who can be an active editorial gatekeeper, editing and proofreading Post content to ensure all news articles, interviews, opinion pieces are free of grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Ensure all text is logically structured and follows a singular style
- Write headlines and subheads for articles
- Checking stories for readability, conciseness, and style
- Good knowledge of current affairs in Nepal and its relationship with neighbouring countries
- Bachelor’s degree in English or journalism with an excellent grasp of grammar and excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to identify and correct grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors
- Ability to rewrite and reframe stories for clarity and logic
- Basic internet research experience
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TKP: Copy Editor” by August 30.