Nepal to participate at Expo 2020 in DubaiOver 190 countries will be participating in the six-month event.
Representatives from Investment Board Nepal, Trade and Export Promotion Centre including different private and government organisations will be participating in the expo to attract investment and technology in potential business areas, said Binayak Shah, national coordinator at Implementing Expert Group, the official organiser from Nepal.
Over 190 countries are expected to participate in the expo. According to the expo organisers, international visitors will constitute 70 percent of all attendees and the remaining 30 percent will be domestic.
“The number of international visitors is high due to Dubai’s strategic location as a regional hub for logistics and transportation,” said an official.
According to Shah, Nepal’s pavilion will be based on the theme ‘Kasthamandap’ to symbolise the ancient trade point between China and India. “Nepal’s pavilion will cover 1,000 square metre,” he said.
The expo will provide a strong business to business (B2B) platform with a programme of activities to support national priorities and agendas.
The group is expecting nearly 10 million guests to visit its pavilion.
Expo 2020’s central theme and driving force “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future” celebrates the power of collaboration and partnership as the only way to create the future, especially in this highly interconnected world