Fire at Durbarmarg-based club controlledThe inferno was brought under control within half an hour.
A fire broke out at Durbarmarg-based Victory Club and Lounge on Sunday evening.
According to police, the fire had started at around 6pm.
It was brought under control within half an hour with the joint effort of firefighters, locals and security personnel, said police.
People were moved to safety from the club, according to Binod Ghimire, a deputy superintendent of police at Durbarmarg Metropolitan Police Circle.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Hobindra Bogati, spokesperson for the Kathmandu Metropolitan Police Circle, said the cause of the fire was an electric short circuit.