Garage fire kills oneA person died when a fire broke out in a motorcycle garage in Tripureshwor, Kathmandu, on Thursday evening.
Published at : November 10, 2017
Updated at : November 10, 2017 08:14
A person died when a fire broke out in a motorcycle garage in Tripureshwor, Kathmandu, on Thursday evening.
The deceased has been identified as Mulayam Miya from Bara.
Firefighters and security personnel doused the fire on time, averting the possible danger of nearby Jayanti Petrol Pump bursting into flames.
The body of Miya was sent to the Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital in Maharajgunj for postmortem.
It was not immediately clear what had caused the fire. The fire close to a petrol pump caused panic among local residents.
Most Read from Valley
Nepal’s reactive approach to dealing with disasters
Climate services for a resilient Everest economy
PM’s India visit: Some agreements, soft-pedalling of contentious issues
Nepal Army plans to buy APCs. Chinese supplier is on US blacklist
After Upendra Yadav-CK Raut rivalry, Madhesh politics—and government—won’t remain the same
E-PAPER | May 29, 2023