Man electrocuted in SarlahiThe man stepped into an ‘electric trap’ placed to protect crops from wild animals
Published at : March 23, 2023
Updated at : March 23, 2023 14:51
A man died of electric shock in Balara Municipality of Sarlahi district after he accidentally stepped into an ‘electric trap’ placed to protect crops from wild animals.
The deceased is 50-year-old Ram Akshay Mahato Koiri of Balara-5 Koiri tole, according to police.
Superintendent of Police Naresh Raj Subedi said Koiri died on the spot after he stepped into the ‘trap’ while he was out to answer nature’s call.
The farmers of Sarlahi have been using ‘electric traps’ and fences to protect crops from wild animals.
Most Read from Madhesh Province
Nepal’s reactive approach to dealing with disasters
Climate services for a resilient Everest economy
PM’s India visit: Some agreements, soft-pedalling of contentious issues
Nepal Army plans to buy APCs. Chinese supplier is on US blacklist
After Upendra Yadav-CK Raut rivalry, Madhesh politics—and government—won’t remain the same
E-PAPER | June 04, 2023