Sun, Feb 22, 2026
Bhaktapur
Nepal Army disposes of suspicious object placed outside ex-minister Baskota’s house
Deputy Superintendent of Police Raju Pandey, spokesperson at Bhaktapur Police Range, said the bomb threat turned out to be a hoax.bookmark![]()
Angad Dhakal/TKP ![]()
Angad Dhakal/TKP ![]()
Angad Dhakal/TKP ![]()
Angad Dhakal/TKP
Post Report
Published at : December 4, 2022
Updated at : December 4, 2022 10:02
Kathmandu
A bomb disposal squad of the Nepal Army disposed of a suspicious object found outside the house belonging to CPN-UML politburo member and former Communications Minister Gokul Prasad Baskota on Sunday morning.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Raju Pandey, spokesperson at Bhaktapur Police Range, said the bomb threat turned out to be a hoax.
Panic gripped the area after the bomb-like object was found outside Baskota’s house in Lokanthali.
Earlier in March 2020, an Improvised explosive device (IED) had gone off at the under-construction house belonging to the former minister.
Baskota was elected to the House of Representatives from Kavre-2 through the recent polls.




Editor's Picks
Upper house passes tourism bill with tougher Everest rules
What Routine of Nepal Banda gets right, and what it gets wrong
The murky business of room finding in Kathmandu
Nepal’s share market faces unprecedented lockdown as regulators battle industry over trading rules
Ministries differ over extending Indian HICDP aid beyond local governments
E-PAPER | February 22, 2026
×




15.87°C Kathmandu









