Fire destroys house in DharanIt took several hours to control the fire despite the deployment of three fire engines.
A house in Bajhgara, ward 15 of Dharan Sub-Metropolitan City, was completely destroyed by a fire on Thursday morning.
According to Sita Dhital, owner of the house, the cause of the fire was a gas leak that led to an explosion during a family function at around 9:45 am.
It took several hours to control the fire despite the deployment of three fire engines.
Around Rs 5 million worth of property including cash was destroyed in the fire, said Dhital.