Two children die as fire engulfs house in UdayapurPolice say an electrical short circuit caused the fire.
Published at : March 11, 2023
Updated at : March 11, 2023 12:26
Two children died after a fire engulfed a house in Raitamai Rural Municipality-8 of Udayapur District.
The fire broke out late on Friday at Raitamai-local Ram Bahadur Magar’s home.
Magar’s two-year-old son and six-year-old daughter were burned to death in the inferno at his house, Deputy Inspector of Police Rakesh Kumar Podara said.
According to the police, the fire broke out due to an electrical short circuit.
Similarly, another fire broke out in a farm in Rautamai-5 killing livestock and causing damage.
Rauta Rakuli Agricultural and Animal farm was set ablaze killing 110 goats.
Property worth an estimated Rs4.4 million was also destroyed in the fire, Podara said.
Most Read from Koshi Province
E-PAPER | April 02, 2023