Mother, son die after consuming poisonous mushroomThe 28-year-old died while undergoing treatment at a Dharan-based hospital on Friday while her son breathed his last at 2am on Saturday.
Two people died after eating poisonous mushrooms in Dhankuta on Saturday.
Twenty-eight-year-old Muna Rai and her seven-year-old son were taken ill after consuming wild mushrooms that Rai had picked from a jungle last Monday.
Following the sickness, the mother-son duo were taken to the district hospital for treatment. They were later transferred to the BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan after their health condition did not improve.
Rai died while undergoing treatment at the Dharan-based hospital on Friday.
Her son, who was admitted in the ICU, breathed his last at 2am on Saturday, said Chief of District Police Superintendent of Police Krishna Prasad Koirala.