Nepal 9th largest source of immigrants to AustraliaNepal has now become the ninth largest source of migrants to Australia. According to 2014-15 Migration Programme Report, a total of 4,130 Nepalis were granted Permanent Residency (PR) visa in the country.
Nepal has now become the ninth largest source of immigrants to Australia. According to 2014-15 Migration Programme Report, a total of 4,130 Nepalis were granted Permanent Residency (PR) visa in the country.
India accounts for the largest number of migrants followed by People’s Republic of China. United Kingdom, Philippines, Pakistan, Irish Republic, Vietnam, Republic of South Africa, Nepal and Malaysia fill up the list respectively.
The number of migrants has dwindled slightly compared to last year. At the same time last year, 4,364 Nepalis were granted the PR. Although the numbers attract contrasting opinions, the data is a positive hint for all those people who seek a future out there. Sanjeev Pandey, secretary at Australian Education Consultancy Alliance said,” Comparing to the students who have come to Australia, the figure is normal.”
Out of the visas granted, 68 percent account to General Skilled Migration and the remaining 32 percent to the Family Migration. Experts predict the figure could rise next year keeping in mind the number of Nepalis students already living in Australia.
Although, Australia granting permanent residency to migrants could be a good thing for Nepali people living out there, but at a same time, Nepal has been losing youths and skilled manpower every year.