Wild mushroom claims five, nine others taken ill in PanchtharFive people including three members of a family died and nine others were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom in in Panchthar district on Sunday.
Five people including three members of a family died and nine others were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom in in Panchthar district on Sunday.
Padma Maya Manglak, 45, of Aangna VDC-1, her daughter Sonika, 5, Kabita, 13, relative sister-in-law, Man Kumari Manglak, 39, and Elija Mabo, 11, of Tharpu VDC-6, died after eating the wild fungi, District Police Office said. The injured have been undergoing treatment at various hospitals.
Eleven-year-old Elija, who became ill after eating the mushroom brought from a nearby forest on Saturday, died while receiving medical attention at the district hospital at around 2:45 in the afternoon.
The entire family of Padma Maya Manglang were taken ill after eating the cooked mushroom on Saturday evening. Three members of her family died after eating the toxic mushroom. Five-year-old Sonia breathed her last during medical treatment at Lifeline hospital in Damak, Jhapa.
Kabita Manglang died during treatment at Dharan-based BP Koirala Institute of Health and Sciences Kabita’s mn and Padma Maya died at Nobel hospital in Biratnagar, said DSP Krishna Koirala said.
Padma Maya’s 16-year-old Son Ram Prasad Manglang and eight-year-old Manusa Manglang have been undergoing treatment at Damak, Jhapa.