Cholera detected in diarrhoea-hit KoiladiVibrio cholera, the bacteria that causes cholera, has been found among the diarrhoea patients of Koiladi, Saptari.
Vibrio cholera, the bacteria that causes cholera, has been found among the diarrhoea patients of Koiladi, Saptari.
Bijaya Kumar Jha, a senior health administrator at the District Public Health Office, said two of the four stool samples tested positive for cholera.
“Two samples tested positive during the laboratory test at Sagarmatha Zonal Hospital. The preparation is on to send some samples to the National Public Health Laboratory in the Capital,” said Jha. Scores of people in Koiladi are suffering from diarrhoea, officials said. A medical team provided treatment to 74 seriously ill people on Tuesday and Wednesday.
“We are trying our best to control the disease. Health teams have been deployed in the affected area. We have arranged treatment at the zonal hospital for the seriously ill,” said Jha.
Health experts from Epidemiology and Disease Control Division and World Health Organisation have also arrived in the district to study the disease.